Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the Computer Science Wiki!
This wiki is used by techstaff to share documentation and common HowTos. It can also be used by anyone in the department to share information.
Use the links "Documentation" and "HowTos" in the main menu access the techstaff content.
Commonly Requested Information
- Using a Conference Room
- Connect to a Network Printer
- Create a CS User account
- Get Connected to the Network
- Request for Poster Printing
- Configure your Email
- Forward Voicemail to Email
- Information for Specific Classes
The Big three:
Maintaining a up-to-date patched OS is one of the best ways to prevent malicious attacks.
To Restrict access to the VT main campus IP's use these:
- IP: 172.16.0.0 Subnet: 255.240.0.0
- IP: 126.96.36.199 Subnet: 255.255.0.0
- IP: 188.8.131.52 Subnet: 255.255.0.0
- IP: 184.108.40.206 Subnet: 255.255.248.0 (This is an additional block of IP's added for VPN users on March 17th, 2020)
List of Additional Resources
- Managing Inventory
- System Administration & Security
- Obtaining Software